Sunday, February 21, 2010

Top ten moral dilemmas - 10

source- http://listverse.com/2007/10/21/top-10-moral-dilemmas/


You are an inmate in a concentration camp. A sadistic guard is about to hang your son who tried to escape and wants you to pull the chair from underneath him. He says that if you don’t he will not only kill your son but some other innocent inmate as well. You don’t have any doubt that he means what he says. What should you do?

This is a very hard decision to make, and I hope to never be in a situation similar.
I know that I would be heart broken in either way i choose, but i would have to pull out the chair underneath him. Although I am not making this decision in reality, i do find it hard to write, because its so sad and painful. Either way I would choose, my son would die. But i would have to choose to allow an innocent inmate live, I would not know the inmate, but I would know there are people who love he or she, perhaps as much as i love my own son. He is innocent and though my son is as well, an unlikely chance is not worth taking, its not worth it to put another's life in jeopardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment